Many people have ideas about God and Heaven. Some think that they can work their way to Heaven or that all paths lead to God. However, God has given a promise in His Word, the Bible, that we can know for sure that we have eternal life and a future home in Heaven.
- God loves you so much! John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." God loves you so much that He sent Jesus to die on the cross so you could spend eternity in Heaven with Him.
- There is a problem, however; we have sinned. Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God..." Our sin is anything that displeases God. Our sin carries with it a penalty. Romans 6:23a states, "For the wages of sin is death..." This death is physical and spiritual. If you die without asking Christ to save you, you will live without God forever in the Lake of Fire (a place of punishment for all who reject Christ).
- Remember that God's love is greater than all, including our sin! Romans 5:8 says, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." While I was sinning against Christ, He showed His love for me by dying on the cross to pay for my sin. What an amazing love! He wants to save you from your sin. The second part of Romans 6:23 says, "but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." It is hard to understand how a God whom we sin against is willing to save us from our sin. That is the love of God!
- This amazing God with an amazing love wants you to have eternal life. This is a free gift that costs you nothing. The gift, as we said earlier, is through Jesus Christ. He died on the cross to save us from sin. We cannot work for the gift; otherwise, why would Jesus have to die on the cross? Ephesians 2:8-9 says, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."
- You must simply trust in Christ to live in Heaven forever. If you believe that Christ died for your sins and wants to save you, He will. How do I obtain salvation? It is as easy as calling upon the Lord in prayer. Romans 10:13 says, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." You simply need to pray to God and tell Him that you are a sinner, confess your sin to Him, and ask Him to be your Savior. He has promised that all who put their trust in Him and ask Him to save them "shall be saved."
Asking Jesus to save you is the most important decision you will ever make. If you decided that you would like to be saved and prayed to ask Jesus to save you, it would be great to hear from you. If you have any questions about salvation, you can call (772) 461-2731, and someone will be glad to answer them for you from God's Word.